Dear Friends and Family,
Okay, we have a date! Friday, April 3, I am to check in the hospital, Good Samaritan in Lafayette, Colorado, at 6 AM. :o( (What happened to the idea of beauty sleep?) Surgery is scheduled for 7:30 AM MST. The surgery will last anywhere from 6 - 10 hours. Remember, Prayer Warriors, we are praying for routine surgery with no complications, followed by a full and speedy recovery! :o) Even with no complications, I am expecting to stay in the hospital for one week.
Once surgery is complete, please check the blog for updates. My daughter, Katrina, will have her computer at the hospital, and will give updates as we have them. I will not be receiving phone calls or visitors while I am in the hospital. This will probably continue for at least one month after surgery, as I gain strength and focus on my healing. Please continue praying for a complete rapid healing, even when you don’t hear directly from me. I am so grateful for all of the prayers, as I am convinced that your prayers and the Love of Jesus Christ have filled me with PEACE as I enter this battle.
4-8 weeks after surgery I will begin 6 weeks of radiation (and perhaps chemo), 5 days a week for a total of 30 treatments. Chemo will be determined after surgery is over and all tests are finished. The really cool thing is that St. Joseph’s Hospital in downtown Denver has complimentary VALET PARKING for radiation/chemo patients. Pretty Sweet!
Update on my cystic mass on my ovaries. As you know the CA125 blood test was negative. :o) There was talk of having an ultrasound, however, due to my age (57 years old on May 1!), the doctors have decided to remove my ovaries with another operation, 3-6 months after the April 3 sinus cancer surgery. I have hit the Surgery Trifecta of 2009! Okay, here is a blessing: all of the surgeries will have taken place in the same year, so we only have to deal with one year of deductable health insurance (which we already hit on the first surgery!) Thank-you, Jesus!
The Sisters in Christ at my church – Holy Spirit Church (Anglican) in Broomfield made me a lovely prayer shawl, which was prayed over by Father Chuck and the Sisters in Christ before being given to me. When I put it on my shoulders, I can feel their love and the touch of their healing hands. It brings me great comfort.
Okay, so one more story for the road… When my sister, Annie, was here, we were talking about my potential hair loss. Annie mentioned a story on solidarity to me and Katrina; that all friends of the cancer survivor shaved their heads in support! Katrina looked at me, and I looked at her. Katrina spoke up, first and said, “Annie there is no way I am shaving my head in support of mom.” Next I said, “Annie, I would not shave my head for you if you had cancer.” So, we all decided that 2009 would be the “Year of Hats”, so we went out and each bought the same hat. :o) If you want to display solidarity with me, just go out and buy a hat, or wear a hat that you love, and think of me. Remember 2009 is the Year of Hats!
Since all of your prayers have given me peace, I would like to say, “Peace Be with YOU!”
Much love and appreciation,
Linda H. Wogan

Hi Linda,
ReplyDeleteI'm going to have to go buy a hat! I am praying for you!!
Blessings,
Robin Welsh
Hi Linda,
ReplyDeleteWell, I don't wear hats, but this year I will!! I am going shopping this weekend for one and will send you a picture.
Know you, Katrina and Michael are all in my prayers, and I continue to lift you up for the Lord's mighty healing. He healed me, He'll heal you!!
Love and Blessings,
Vicki Blandford
Hi Liinda-
ReplyDeleteI'm so very sorry to hear about your sinus cancer. Cynthia Emerick E-d me about you recently... It sounds like a very scary situation. I can sympathize because I was also diagnosed, treated and recovered from anal cancer a couple of years ago. It's shocking just how many different types of cancers are out there. I feel lucky/blessed that I was able to survive--not that I wouldn't have at that stage, but it could've been a slow, miserable path till the end if diagnosis wasn't there for me as early as it was. I can only hope that you are in a similar situation.
I wish you all the luck "the greater forces" (whoever they/it may be) can send to you and that your physicians pay attention and apply themselves as best they are able. And I surely hope that you don't lose an ounce of vision for the recovery--my thoughts are with you and all who love you.
From one of your ole travel colleagues from The Netherlands Group,
Andrea Purdy MacLeod