Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Letter from Linda

Dear Friends and Family,

OVERWHELMED!! It is how I am feeling at the response of all of the comments on the blogs, emails, cards and love sent my way. I feel empowered with the prayers, jokes, and loving comments by all of you!

I feel in awe that I have people that I have never met, praying for me, sending me emails and cards! It is such a humbling and comforting feeling.

The BEST THING ABOUT HAVING CANCER is having family, friends and old friends contacting me and letting me know that I am in their thoughts and prayers. However, I am still planning on being CANCER-FREE after the surgery. :o)

As you can tell with the updates, this upcoming surgery is pretty darned serious! Even when I have found out what outcomes are possible, I am surprised by my inner calmness. I attribute this to the prayers that are being said for me, and the LOVE OF JESUS CHRIST.

Thank-you for forwarding my information to all of your Prayer Warriors! I literally have people praying for me from the Ukraine to Nicaragua, and Mexico to Australia. What an amazing tool the internet has become!

Since I have requested jokes and laughter to help in my recovery, you all have been wonderful in bringing a smile to my face, and joy in my heart.

For instance, my sister, Annie, has a WONDERFUL mother-in-law – Joan Tucker, who has been sending me a joke each day. I am touched by her thoughtfulness and resourcefulness to send me a smile each day!

I am reading each email, card and comment, and listening to each phone message, but I apologize that I do not have the energy to respond to all of the correspondence and phone calls. I probably won’t be writing a letter for at least one month after the surgery, although I will have Katrina give regular updates on my SUCCESSFUL SURGERY AND RAPID PROGRESS.

With a grateful heart I want to thank-you all, again for your thoughts, prayers, jokes and laughter. I am confident that you all are making a difference in my healing journey.

Much love to you all,

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment