Dear Friends and Family,
I am still battling my sinus infection, the same one I have had since July 11! I am on my 3rd set of antibiotics. We are still waiting for the culture that we took on Tuesday, August 11, to come back. I guess the chemo and radiation really did mess with my immune system! Before this year, I have rarely gotten sick, and when I did, I usually got over it pretty quickly.
In addition, the neurologist would like me to do another MRI. Wednesday night, August 19 at 8:30PM, I will go to Good Samaritan Hospital and have an MRI. MRI’s don’t hurt, but they are quite noisy. I will be given a set of earphones which will play music. However, it is still like I will be in-between a set of jack hammers for 45min-1 hour.
The last time I had an MRI I was got a migraine, was nauseous and threw-up for three days. Of course, I had 2 MRI’s within the 24 hour span of my last surgery. So it was a double dose in a relatively short time right after major surgery. Please keep me in your prayers for an easy MRI with no side effects.
Katrina has come down with a sinus infection, too. It is responding to antibiotics – yea! Technically sinus infections are not contagious, but the bacterium is transferable which can lead to a sinus infection. So, Katrina did not catch it from me, but I probably gave it to her!
Since Katrina came on February 24 for two weeks, she filed an extension on her taxes. Time was up on August 15. So, she drove to LA on July 29 (the first time she has returned since February) and got back here August 3. Katrina has been driving to LA, by herself since she was 19 years old. She enjoys the quiet and solitude (she is an only child, after all!) of the two day drive. Katrina spent 2 days in LA and then spent 2 days driving back to Colorado.
My sister, Annie, came and stayed with me during this time. We had a great visit and laughed a lot. We watched a DVD called “Young at Heart”. It is a documentary about a group of senior citizens who sing songs ranging from James Brown to Coldplay. We laughed, cried, clapped and sang along. It reminded us of our dad, who sang barbershop all of his life. It was very uplifting and left us smiling.
My next surgery on September 18 is rapidly approaching. I must be well, without any infection in order to have the surgery. Please pray for me to get over this stubborn infection! Since I had my uterus out 32 years ago, I have found out that my ovaries have travelled north. (Who knew?) My surgery will involve an incision several inches above my belly button on my stomach! So, please don’t make me laugh too much right after surgery. I remember my Momma sitting in the hospital room after my C-section when Katrina was born. Every time we looked at each other we started laughing. It was so painful, several times I had to ask her to leave the room. I miss laughing with my Momma.
Our new rescue dog – Lily has adjusted beautifully. She and Mabel, our 9 year old Golden Retriever are becoming friends. Mabel always wanted to play since day one, but Lily was afraid and not sure of a dog twice her size. Lily did not know that Mabel was used to playing with Reggie, who was Lily’s size. Mabel seems so happy to have a friend again. Lily follows me around like a little shadow, just like my beloved Reggie used to. :o)
Thank-you, again, for all of your prayers and support.
Linda
I am still battling my sinus infection, the same one I have had since July 11! I am on my 3rd set of antibiotics. We are still waiting for the culture that we took on Tuesday, August 11, to come back. I guess the chemo and radiation really did mess with my immune system! Before this year, I have rarely gotten sick, and when I did, I usually got over it pretty quickly.
In addition, the neurologist would like me to do another MRI. Wednesday night, August 19 at 8:30PM, I will go to Good Samaritan Hospital and have an MRI. MRI’s don’t hurt, but they are quite noisy. I will be given a set of earphones which will play music. However, it is still like I will be in-between a set of jack hammers for 45min-1 hour.
The last time I had an MRI I was got a migraine, was nauseous and threw-up for three days. Of course, I had 2 MRI’s within the 24 hour span of my last surgery. So it was a double dose in a relatively short time right after major surgery. Please keep me in your prayers for an easy MRI with no side effects.
Katrina has come down with a sinus infection, too. It is responding to antibiotics – yea! Technically sinus infections are not contagious, but the bacterium is transferable which can lead to a sinus infection. So, Katrina did not catch it from me, but I probably gave it to her!
Since Katrina came on February 24 for two weeks, she filed an extension on her taxes. Time was up on August 15. So, she drove to LA on July 29 (the first time she has returned since February) and got back here August 3. Katrina has been driving to LA, by herself since she was 19 years old. She enjoys the quiet and solitude (she is an only child, after all!) of the two day drive. Katrina spent 2 days in LA and then spent 2 days driving back to Colorado.
My sister, Annie, came and stayed with me during this time. We had a great visit and laughed a lot. We watched a DVD called “Young at Heart”. It is a documentary about a group of senior citizens who sing songs ranging from James Brown to Coldplay. We laughed, cried, clapped and sang along. It reminded us of our dad, who sang barbershop all of his life. It was very uplifting and left us smiling.
My next surgery on September 18 is rapidly approaching. I must be well, without any infection in order to have the surgery. Please pray for me to get over this stubborn infection! Since I had my uterus out 32 years ago, I have found out that my ovaries have travelled north. (Who knew?) My surgery will involve an incision several inches above my belly button on my stomach! So, please don’t make me laugh too much right after surgery. I remember my Momma sitting in the hospital room after my C-section when Katrina was born. Every time we looked at each other we started laughing. It was so painful, several times I had to ask her to leave the room. I miss laughing with my Momma.
Our new rescue dog – Lily has adjusted beautifully. She and Mabel, our 9 year old Golden Retriever are becoming friends. Mabel always wanted to play since day one, but Lily was afraid and not sure of a dog twice her size. Lily did not know that Mabel was used to playing with Reggie, who was Lily’s size. Mabel seems so happy to have a friend again. Lily follows me around like a little shadow, just like my beloved Reggie used to. :o)
Thank-you, again, for all of your prayers and support.
Linda

Sweet, brave friend,
ReplyDeleteI am so grateful to be sharing this challenging journey with you through this website and prayer. Your positive attitude will bring you though this stronger than ever. My prayers are for healing and continued peace and hope through Christ. On my home front, Matthew, one of my 30 year old twins is getting married at our home on September 5th. We have seen him go through so much in his life, and God has brought him to a place of joy and blessing. I love hearing about you and Annie sharing laughter over the movie. Some of my best memories are of the times I spent with your wonderful family and the LAUGHTER!
Love, Tricia Mc (Simpson)
Good Morning Linda,
ReplyDeletePHEW.....I read your blog and am continually amazed at your grace under such emotional and physical " challenges." Thank GOD for faith ; your personal prayers and all of ours.
I will respect your asking us not to make you laugh too hard after September 18th's surgery so my memory is shared today .....do you remember when I came over to spend the night and we thought we would hop in a bubblebath together ( yes, anyone reading this, we were little girls )? We are happily luxuriating and your Mom decides to put Huey in with us. Well, why not??! We were even saving water in those days and if we could help your mom out by letting Huey take a bath with us....plop hin on in . WAIT....what is that noise ? Oh, Huey is throwing up in OUR bubble bath and now we are floating in vienna sausages etc etc. Honestly, Linda, I have never recovered. I'm DEFINATELY sure vienna WEINERS have not ( and never will be ) on a menu that I plan.....but, even when I see them in the market, I laugh thinking of our faces when we realized what was happening !!!!
Did you just come over to my house to do a sleep over from that time on ???
Love and hugs.....continued prayers coming your way, as always. xoxo Nancy aka Princess Lily Pad
P.S. I LOVED that movie and highly recommend it to others. There are some points in that film where I cried my eyes out and others where I was just laughing and laughing. Would love to see the group perform. And yes, it did remind me of your Dad and his singing and even your Uncle Mike playing the piano for our sing alongs on La Cumbre !!!
Did you see darling Mare-Mare as my " Matron of Honor " at my wedding ? We will have to get you some photos. I finally received my dream come true with your Aunt standing by my side as she always has in life.
xoxoxoxo, Nance