Dear Friends and Family,
Thank-you all for your prayers, love and support!! I attribute my successful surgery to your prayers and the grace of Jesus Christ. I am doing a great job of healing and am very blessed because that is all I have to do right now - HEAL. My daughter, Katrina is my primary care-taker and in addition, has taken over most of the household duties that I used to do. Michael continues to work and provide health insurance, as well as providing more help around the house and the yard, now that spring is here.
I will start radiation and chemotherapy on May 18. The doctor wants to do 33 days of radiation, if I can tolerate it. I will definitely be doing 30 days of radiation – 5 days a week for 6 weeks. Katrina will be my chauffeur. I will be doing 3 chemo treatments; one in the week of May 18 and the following 2 will be every 21 days. I am going to get acupuncture during this time too, because we have heard that it may help the side effects of the treatments.
I will still need your prayers (and you all have such a great track record!). There is a chance that the radiation could affect partial or full vision in one or both eyes. PLEASE PRAY for success in eliminating my body of even the smallest cancer cells, while maintaining my vision. My job is a host home provider for a wonderful 39 year old woman named Shari. It is similar to being a foster parent, except for developmentally disabled adults. It is my passion and my ministry – I need to be able to drive in order to continue having Shari in our home.
Shari has lived with us since November, 2007. She is a part of our family and we all love and adore her! Katrina has become certified as a Host Home Provider, so that Shari can come back to our home. Shari has been in respite, since my first surgery on February 25, 2009. She moves back home this evening, Tuesday, May 12! We are all so excited to have her here. Please pray for Katrina (it was her idea and initiative) to be able to easily handle one more job. Shari is very high functioning and independent, and can be left alone for 6 to 8 hours. Shari is anxious to come home and “help out the family,” especially with our two dogs – Mabel and Reggie. (They were the initial reason Shari decided to move in with our family)
Thank you all for your grace, in understanding the infrequent updates. I was on meds every 4 hours when I came home. This is not good for getting into a deep sleep. Katrina slept in the room with me, in case I needed help. It has been a time of sleep deprivation for all of us. I would have been in assisted living if Katrina was not here to take care of me. The addition we completed this last summer, adding a main floor master with the handicapped accessible shower was a major factor in my being released from the hospital. (I did not think that I would need them for 25 – 30 years!)
Since my CA125 blood work came back negative, and the ultrasound tests were not suspicious looking, we are going to wait until August to remove the cystic mass on my ovaries. The only way to really tell if it is cancer, is to remove the ovaries and to biopsy them. Since we know that my sinus cancer is very aggressive, we are opting for the treatment to kill the known cancer first. We do not have a date set in August, but we will let you know as soon as we know.
The updates will probably be infrequent during the time of chemo and radiation. My chemo treatment is about 30 minutes north of us – at Good Samaritan Hospital, and my radiation treatment is located at St. Joseph Hospital in downtown Denver – about 30 minutes south of us. We will be in the car most of the days, and it is going to require a lot of energy – not only mine, but Katrina’s too. So I want to thank you all in advance for keeping all of us in your prayers, even if we do not have regular updates.
Much love and appreciation for all of you,
Linda H. Wogan
Thank-you all for your prayers, love and support!! I attribute my successful surgery to your prayers and the grace of Jesus Christ. I am doing a great job of healing and am very blessed because that is all I have to do right now - HEAL. My daughter, Katrina is my primary care-taker and in addition, has taken over most of the household duties that I used to do. Michael continues to work and provide health insurance, as well as providing more help around the house and the yard, now that spring is here.
I will start radiation and chemotherapy on May 18. The doctor wants to do 33 days of radiation, if I can tolerate it. I will definitely be doing 30 days of radiation – 5 days a week for 6 weeks. Katrina will be my chauffeur. I will be doing 3 chemo treatments; one in the week of May 18 and the following 2 will be every 21 days. I am going to get acupuncture during this time too, because we have heard that it may help the side effects of the treatments.
I will still need your prayers (and you all have such a great track record!). There is a chance that the radiation could affect partial or full vision in one or both eyes. PLEASE PRAY for success in eliminating my body of even the smallest cancer cells, while maintaining my vision. My job is a host home provider for a wonderful 39 year old woman named Shari. It is similar to being a foster parent, except for developmentally disabled adults. It is my passion and my ministry – I need to be able to drive in order to continue having Shari in our home.
Shari has lived with us since November, 2007. She is a part of our family and we all love and adore her! Katrina has become certified as a Host Home Provider, so that Shari can come back to our home. Shari has been in respite, since my first surgery on February 25, 2009. She moves back home this evening, Tuesday, May 12! We are all so excited to have her here. Please pray for Katrina (it was her idea and initiative) to be able to easily handle one more job. Shari is very high functioning and independent, and can be left alone for 6 to 8 hours. Shari is anxious to come home and “help out the family,” especially with our two dogs – Mabel and Reggie. (They were the initial reason Shari decided to move in with our family)
Thank you all for your grace, in understanding the infrequent updates. I was on meds every 4 hours when I came home. This is not good for getting into a deep sleep. Katrina slept in the room with me, in case I needed help. It has been a time of sleep deprivation for all of us. I would have been in assisted living if Katrina was not here to take care of me. The addition we completed this last summer, adding a main floor master with the handicapped accessible shower was a major factor in my being released from the hospital. (I did not think that I would need them for 25 – 30 years!)
Since my CA125 blood work came back negative, and the ultrasound tests were not suspicious looking, we are going to wait until August to remove the cystic mass on my ovaries. The only way to really tell if it is cancer, is to remove the ovaries and to biopsy them. Since we know that my sinus cancer is very aggressive, we are opting for the treatment to kill the known cancer first. We do not have a date set in August, but we will let you know as soon as we know.
The updates will probably be infrequent during the time of chemo and radiation. My chemo treatment is about 30 minutes north of us – at Good Samaritan Hospital, and my radiation treatment is located at St. Joseph Hospital in downtown Denver – about 30 minutes south of us. We will be in the car most of the days, and it is going to require a lot of energy – not only mine, but Katrina’s too. So I want to thank you all in advance for keeping all of us in your prayers, even if we do not have regular updates.
Much love and appreciation for all of you,
Linda H. Wogan

So glad to hear the great news. Our prayers are ongoing and you are all in our thoughts daily. May you draw strength from the love of your family and friends.
ReplyDeleteLinda, Katrina and Mike,
ReplyDeleteWe are so happy to read your beautiful, upbeat post and to know that you are continuing to heal. Our prayers are with all of you and we pray especially for strength, love, compassion and patience as you go through the coming weeks.
Love
Steve and Karen Barritt
Linda,
ReplyDeleteI have been so privileged to be able to follow your healing through these blogs. Katrina and Michael are treasures, as you know. And you are amazing in your strength and faith, your tremendous will and desire to recover and continue your life of empathy and service. You've come so very far: keep moving forward and take each step slowly, be gentle with yourself. I think of you often and send my love and support.
Jeanine